Join Arizona-Nevada Academy of Science
ANAS Members receive:
The ANAS membership dues support science education in Arizona and Nevada through awards, grants and scholarships for outstanding K-12 science teachers; and for high school, undergraduate, and graduate students.
The application is for both new and renewing members.
- Student: $15.00 (proof of student status required)
- Individual: $35.00
- Fellows: $35.00
- Family: $45.00
- Patron: $100.00
- Sustaining: $150.00
- Life: $700.00
- New and Renewing Members
- Membership information is used only for official communication from the Academy. Email addresses are added to the organizational listserve which is used only for occasional internal announcements such as membership renewals, reminders of upcoming award and/or registration deadlines, and announcements of important web page changes. Personal contact information is not shared with any other organizations or available online. Members may always contact the membership secretary to opt off of the distribution list.
- Applications for Awards and Scholarships
- Identifying information collected from scholarship and award applicants is shared only with the members of the respective selection committees and ultimately the college or university receiving the funds on the recipients behalf.
In addition to notifying winners and their schools, award recipients are publicly announced at the ANAS annual business meeting and awards luncheon. Their names, sometimes photos and a brief biographical sketch of their accomplishments are included in the meeting's printed Proceedings volume which is received in hard copy by all attendees and by subscribing libraries. The Proceedings is also available online. The same summaries of winners are included in the organization's online Newsletter .
Students/teachers are asked for permission to distribute this information on their application forms; granting permission is not a condition of receipt of the award.
Applicants will be contacted only with respect to the award selection and granting process; they will not receive any extraneous emails or solicitations from the Academy. Their contact information will not be added to an organizational distribution list and is not shared with any other organizations or available online.
- Presenters and Other Registrants for Annual Meeting
- Meeting registrants' contact information is shared only amongst members of the Academy organizing the meeting. As is usual and customary, presenters' names and institutions are published in an online newsletter and meeting Proceedings which is distributed both in printed and online formats. In addition, the papers of those presenting int Hydrology section are available as part of Hydrology and Water Resources in Arizona and the Southwest via a University of Arizona repository.
All communication from the Academy will be with regards to the meeting. Individuals' contact information will not be added to an organizational distribution list and is not shared with any other organizations or available online.
- Investigators Submitting Manuscripts
- Authors' contact information is shared only amongst the journal's editors. As is usual and customary, authors' names and institutions are published along with their work in JANAS. JANAS is distributed to members and subscribing libraries in print form and is also available online through BioOne and JSTOR. Release of this information is a requisite for publication.
All communication with authors from the Academy will be with regards to the journal. Individuals' contact information will not be added to an organizational distribution list and is not shared with any other organizations or available online.